Monday 3 April 2017

Skate Carnival - Norwich, Ontario/Summer Plans

Hello again!

So on a past Saturday I attended my local skating clubs end of year Carnival and I have to admit, it was great. It was well put together with a fair share of talented skaters and dedicated staff. It was just over an hour long and I actually saw the show twice. It was a lot of fun and Im noticing I am becoming more acclimated to the cold the more time I spend at the arena, which my fiancee loves because she likes leaving the window open all winter.

Now, my plans for summer are slowly coming together. Ive got a fair plan potentially laid out. After the wedding I intend to go into skating as often as I can as well as take a few ballet lessons mixed in between. Ive been told ballet helps a lot with body positioning, posture, gracefulness and your lines while skating which are all things I need. Im in talks with a few local places. about both. Ingersoll for ballet and cambridge/london for potential skating lessons over the course of the summer. At the time of writing this, Ive actually booked my first five ballet lessons. Ill blig about them and how it can be applied to skating as I do them.

Ive also been thinking about potwntial ice rental options through the summer and have done a fair amount of research on it. By the looks of it, moat nearby places charge 40-60 bucks an hour for casual ice which cant be booked more than 24 hours in advance. Which I can certainly work with!

Anyways, Just a short entry this time.

Ciao for now!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment